Looking for a great food recipe that your family can share on your Noche Buena table?
The Goodwill Market shares this paella recipe by Chef Joel Tan Navarro that uses Duru Bulgur instead of rice. It packs more than twice the fiber and four times as much folate from bulgur, plus the umami goodness of mushrooms and the heart-healthy properties of olive oil.
Mushroom Truffle Paella (Duru Bulgur’s Vegetarian Paella)
✓2 tbsp. Umbria Original Truffle Sauce
✓1 cup Duru Bulgur coarse
✓A drizzle of Umbria Tartufi White Truffle flavored oil
✓1/2 cup shitake mushrooms fresh
✓1/2 cup shitake mushrooms dried
✓1/2cup white button mushrooms
✓1/2 cup portobello mushrooms
✓1/2 cup arugula
✓1/2 cup olive oil
✓1/2 cup onions
✓2 cups vegetable stock
- Soak dried shitake mushrooms in hot water and let them bloom. Set aside.
- Prepare, wash and cut other mushrooms and set aside.
- Cut onions and set aside.
- Wash the arugula and trim it into small pieces.
- Heat up olive oil in a paella pan
- Brown fresh shitake mushrooms and set aside. It will be used as a garnish.
- Add a little bit of olive oil then sauté onions.
- Add the rest of the mushrooms until brown.
- Add the truffle salsa.
- Add Duru Bulgur coarse and sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add vegetable stock and let it simmer and reduce.
- When reduced, place the fresh shitake mushrooms as garnish.
- Cover with foil to continue cooking and adjust the heat to medium low.
- When the bulgur is cooked, crank up the heat to achieve the socoratt (crispy bottom layer of bulgur).
- When done, take it off the heat and garnish with arugula. Serve.
Switch things up this Noche Buena with this filling and festive paella, made with Duru Bulgur that is conveniently available at The Goodwill Market online store. Shop smart and have your healthy goodies delivered directly to your doorstep through www.goodwill.market.