Don’t look now but in a week’s time, it’s already September. And we all know that as the “Ber” months unfold, so does early Christmas sales from left to right resulting to even worse traffic situations in the Metro, longer lines in the mall counters and lesser patient people.
Yup! Good luck to all of us as we again face the dreaded Christmas rush. The good thing is that we have more alternative where to buy items since because of online shopping sites that will help us avoid all the hassles that shoppers experience when they visit department stores during the holiday season.
To those who are not familar in online shopping or e-shopping, it is a form of electronic commerce which allows consumers to directly buy goods or services from a seller over the Internet using a web browser. Alternative names are: e-web-store, e-shop, e-store, Internet shop, web-shop, web-store, online store, online storefront and virtual store. Check Lamido to be able to see a good example of a local online shop.
And would you believe that online shopping was invented as eraly as 1979 by English entrepreneur Michael Aldrich. His system connected a modified domestic TV to a real-time transaction processing computer via a domestic telephone line. Well, things are different with the technology that we have. Just a few clicks and you have the items you need right on your door step.
Since the Philippines is known to have the longest Christmas celebration in the world, some already prepare their Christmas wish list as early as today.
One good tip I can give you guys is to suggest some unisex items that you can buy in bulk so you don’t have to make a list or end up buying again a boxer for your cousin Stella. With this generic and fool-proof list, you can give gifts just about to anyone by just writing their names on the labels. Then, whatever will be left can be used as gift for other special occasion.
Here are my 25 suggestions. Why 25? Go figure.
1. Tattoo shop gift certificates
2. Jacket with a letter L for Lady or Lalaki
4. USB flash drive
6. Mug (make sure it has text like “Loperamide” or “Compliments of Mayor Binay”)
7. That big calendar with images of Saints, Anime and LeBrom James where you can personalize by placing the surname of your recipient. Place “Happy Family” instead.
8. A bottle of Vitamin B Complex
10. Complete set of DVD of The Walking Dead (original if possible or if if you can find)
11. Movie tickets (Valid at least for a month)
12. Poster of Paul Walker
13. Casio G-Shock or Technomarine if you have money
14. Snakes and Ladders and other game board
15. Handkerchief (safe color)
16. Towel (again safe)
17. Hand soap or shower gel
18. Conditioner (I have yet to see a conditioner for men)
20. Wall clock
21. Canned goods
22. Spoon and fork
23. Kikay kit (yes, even men have that nowadays)
24. Toothbrush and toothpaste
25. or something from www.lamido.com where you can do cash on delivery.
Good luck in your shopping adventures, guys!